Your overall workload consists of class contact hours, independent learning and assessment activity. You are taught primarily through a combination of lectures and seminars, allowing opportunities to discuss and develop your understanding of topics covered in lectures in smaller groups. An optional Placement Year will enhance your employability, business understanding and professional skills through a sandwich placement year.
You will consider the role of web services and related technologies, and will examine the fundamental principles of network security. We accept the IB Diploma and our entry requirements are listed under the ‘United Kingdom’ section. If you are studying a mixture of IB courses and College Board qualifications please contact us for advice.
Electronics & Electrical Engineering
Alternatively, Junior College Diploma holders may be considered on a case by case basis for entry to undergraduate courses. For students taking theDiploma di Esamo di Stato, we typically require an overall score ranging from85%-98%overall. Where courses require specific subjects, we would be looking for marks between8and10in school assessment. For students taking the AustrianReifeprüfung, we typically require an average score between2.2and1.2from 6 written or spoken exams.
- Where A Level Maths is a course requirement, both Mathematics 30-1 and Mathematics 30-2 should be completed.
- If you do not meet the entry requirements for this degree, have a look at Heriot-Watt Global College, where you can follow an accelerated pathway which will get you onto the second year of this degree.
- That means outstanding facilities, study spaces and support, including 24/7 online access to our online library service.
- The normal study load expectation for an undergraduate full-time course of study in the standard academic year is 120 credit points.
- They’re designed to help prospective students finance their Master’s courses in an Erasmus+ Programme country while leaving as little of a lasting economic footprint as possible.
- In addition to the specific entry conditions for this course you must also meet the University’s General Entrance Requirements.
As well as tuition fee loans, there is a range of funding available to help you fund your studies. We provide access to free online courses in Adobe and Microsoft Office applications, phonephlash.com as well as thousands of specialist courses on LinkedIn Learning. We also welcome applications from students who are taking a combinations of qualifications listed above.
The University of Sheffield
The teaching you will receive is based on the latest thinking and we regularly introduce new modules in response to current developments in research and demands in the careers market. Study spaces and computers are available to offer you choice and flexibility for your study. Our five library sites give you access to over 1.3 million books and periodicals. You can access your library account and our rich digital collections from anywhere on or off campus.