We are no longer accepting new applications for the discretionary financial assistance listed below, whilst our focus is on our mandatory grants. Once we are in a position to accept applications, this page will be updated. Private tenants should approach their landlord at the earliest opportunity if they become aware of a defect in the property.
- You can also join our user research group to receive invites to activities and surveys to help shape future improvements to the site.
- The aim of providing this discretionary assistance is to ensure that vulnerable people remain safe and healthy in their homes.
- A local authority can have its own application forms for help, and its own rules about what you have to do to apply for help.
- By law, these rules must not discriminate against you because of your age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Adults with a positive COVID-19 test result should try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for 5 days, which is when they are most infectious.
You will be notified of the target date the repair will be completed, and whether a contractor or inspection is needed. An emergency repair is one that might result in harm to people or property if it is not fixed quickly. You will be charged if you call us out to a non emergency repair out of hours. The assistance is repayable in full to the Council should the property be disposed of or sold. A life time local land charge will be placed on the property.
Applying For A Loan
Home repair loans between £1000 and £10000 are available for vulnerable homeowners whose properties don’t meet the decent homes standard. In Gloucestershire the Warm and Well project can advise homeowners on funding that may be available for insulation and heating improvements. The link to energy website provides a resource for finding local trades people offering energy efficiency products.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment. To apply you will need to contact us for an application form.
Home repair loans are available for vulnerable homeowners whose property fails to meet the decent homes standard. A disabled facilities grant will be no more than £30,000 in England and £36,000 in Wales. However, your local authority can top up this up, as it can give you other help with home improvements . The amount of grant you get depends on your income and savings, unless the work is to meet the needs of a disabled person under 16, or in some cases, over 16 but under 19. This is a discretionary assistance and subject to available resources. The aim of providing this discretionary assistance is to ensure that vulnerable people remain safe and healthy in their homes.
If your home is in need of repair, your landlord might have to do the repairs you need. Minor home repairs will vary depending on the task at hand. Each task will require a certain amount of time to carry out. The best thing to do is leave as much detail as possible when posting the job so Taskers are clear on what you need. Each Tasker sets their own rate so you have the flexibility to choose a Tasker that works best for you.